altView is on the move!
Since 2008, we have worked within Strathcona County to make a difference for the LGBTQ or Sexual Minority and Gender Variant Community. We offer various programs and tons of fun activities. There are plenty more coming soon too!
Now is the time to get involved. We already have a great team, but would love to have some more dedicated volunteers, board members and ambitious individuals to make altView even better.
You should join us if:
- you are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, asexual, queer, questioning, pansexual, or any other gender or sexual identity.
- you have friends you want to support who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, asexual, queer, questioning, pansexual, or any other gender or sexual identity.
- you want to make a difference
- you are a professional who would like to use your skills in the community
- you are a fun person
- you are a private person
- you are indeed a person, in any shape or form!
- you have time on your hands and like to work on projects
- you want to be a part of something
- you want to feel connected to the LGBTQ community
- you feel alone
- you want to meet awesome people
- you want to meet new and awesome people for dateing (hey, no one will judge you! it is in our policies that we don't judge!)
- you want to plan a dance!
- you want to be fabulous
- you don't want to be fabulous
- you are frustrated with gender and sexual orientation stereotypes
- you are frustrated that gender and sexual oritenation stereotypes are protrayed as always being a bad thing
- you like to write policy!
- you like to write grants!
- you don't feel accepted or welcome in Sherwood Park, Strathcona County, or surrounding areas
- you are excited to just now learn that there is a queer agency in Sherwood Park, Strathcona County! (we get that a lot)
Those are only a few (ok a lot) of reasons that you should come and work with altView!
if this has caught your attention,
If you know someone who fits the bill,
Now offering free gratitude will all referals